When can you play during our Wedding day?
A selection of music to set the scene before and during the ceremony. Includes: 30 minutes of music before ceremony to entertain guests whilst they assembleEntrance of the Bride (1 piece of music)Signing of the registers (1-2 pieces of music)Exit of the bridal party (1 piece of music)
Drinks reception music
A selection of light musical entertainment during the drinks reception at your venue. Upto 2 hours in duration
Wedding breakfast music
Music for the duration of the wedding breakfast until coffee is served
We can easily tailor performances for pretty much any combination of the above as required.
Please contact us directly to discuss your requirements further.
Here in the Akina Office we get lots of enquiries from couples planning their weddings asking for some tips about suitable music for wedding ceremonies. Of course the choice is yours, however we've put together a short guide which should hopefully be useful when thinking about music for your day if you need some inspiration!
Typically, music features in four parts of the wedding ceremony
1. whilst the guests are assembling before the ceremony begins
2. for the entrance of the Bride (Processional)
3. The signing of the registers
4. The exit of the Bridal Party (Recessional)
1. Whilst the guests are assembling beginning around 30 minutes before the ceremony itself is due to start we typically play a selection of classical pieces including Bach 'Air', A selection from Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons' and a Mozart selection. We play pieces at this point which are calm and not too exhuberant to set an appropriate mood for the ceremony
2. Entrance of the Bride (the couple need to select one piece for this point in the ceremony)
Bach/Gounod 'Ave Maria'
Charpentier 'Te Deum'
Clarke 'Trumpet Voluntary'
Wagner 'Bridal Chorus'
3. Signing of Registers choose one or two pieces
Bach 'Air on G'
Debussy 'Girl with the Flaxen Hair'
Delibes 'Flower Duet'
Franck 'Panis Angelicus'
Handel 'Ombra Ma Fu'
Puccini 'Nessun Dorma'
Schubert 'Ave Maria'
Vivaldi 'Four Seasons' selection
Sherwin 'A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square'
Desiree 'Kissing You' (Romeo & Juliet)
Ungar 'Ashokan Farewell' (The Civil War)
Sigur Ros 'Hoppipolla'
Exit of the Couple (one piece)
Mendelssohn 'Wedding March'
Clarke 'Trumpet Tune'
Handel 'La Rejouissance'
Handel 'Arrival of the Queen of Sheba'
Beatles 'All You Need is Love'
Coldplay 'Viva La Vida'
Bach 'Brandenburg Concerto in G'
Clarke 'Trumpet Voluntary'
A booking of one and a half hours should cover the duration of a wedding ceremony. We also provide lively music for drinks receptions and background music for the following wedding breakfast.
Contact us for further consultation for music for your wedding day we'd love to hear from you!